Monday, June 14, 2010

Great Progress with Lady

Had a great vacation and ready to resume riding! But before that, I had 3 lessons with Lady and the Spookless CD, and saw real progress! First two lessons, I found myself gaining confidence in riding Lady closer and closer to those scary sounds. Third lesson, I noticed she was not as spooky as before and I was very happy with her responses. Then, a friend at our barn worked with us a bit on clicker training. Second session, I was able to walk with her up to the boombox while it was playing, standing quietly about 5 feet from it without any spooking. Wow, we are getting there, I think! I now have some ideas for my next session with Lady and the Boombox, and I am excited about the possibilities! I'll let you all know in about a week how it goes!

No comments: